Marquee Contracting Limited Privacy Notice
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and the Regulation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) the data controller is Marquee Contracting Limited of M25 Business Centre, 121 Brooker Road, Waltham Abbey, Essex, EN91JH (the ‘Company’).
Summary of our Privacy Notice
The Company will collect only necessary personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes required to do so by law. The legal bases we reply upon are your consent, legitimate interest, legal obligation and contractual obligations.
- Collection and use of Personal Data
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form, via our website, over the telephone, by email, via your online portal, SMS/App Message or in person.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.marqueecontracting.co.uk (our ‘Website’) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information provided when contacting us in relation to services or completing our enquiry form. This typically includes your name, your organisation’s name, and your position, email address, business address and contact telephone number. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. Other information we may ask for includes your bank details, National Insurance Number, Unique Tax Reference, Contact Telephone Number, ID (Proof of Right to Work in the UK & supporting documents) and your IP Address.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Marquee Contracting Limited may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, web server statistics, traffic data, location data and details of the web pages and resources that you access.
Our use of IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to user needs;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
For more information about cookies (including how to set browsers to reject cookies) please visit the website set up by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (Europe) at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Data Retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
We must keep Payroll and Pensions records for as long as legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation. Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal data (specifically; full name, address, date of birth, phone number, email, NI number, professional qualifications, right to work information), we will do so in line with lawful obligations. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or online portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data that you transmit to our site; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict internal procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of Marquee Contracting Limited cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to access secure areas of our website (such as your online portal) when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, SMS, post or telephone.
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and other third parties (for example, HMRC) for the performance of the services agreed to be provided to you or to provide information requested by you or where such third parties or suppliers are engaged to provide services directly to Marquee Contracting Limited;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Marquee Contracting Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Marquee Contracting Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting
Marquee Contracting Limited uses Google Analytics’s 1st party cookies to provide additional information on demographics and interests in our Google Analytics reporting.
- Your rights
Please be aware you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your data
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time
The Act gives you the right to access information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the requested information.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our clients and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such websites.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting our head office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01992 663 219
- Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact our head office by email email@example.com or by phone on 01992 336 219
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.