To put this into perspective, just a handful of sub-contractors earning £600 a week for a year could set you back:
- £62 Employers NI per person, £16,120 for the year
- Penalties, fines and Interest in excess of £4,100
- Reclassification of your entire workforce
- You could lose your Gross status and be fined £3,000 per month, £36,000 per year, for each incorrect CIS statement declaration
On top of this, HMRC could also add interest and penalities onto the bill which could run into hundres of thousands of pounds. If one of your sub-contractors believes they should be entitled to employment rights and statutory payments, you could find yourself in the middle of a complex employment tribunal. These costs alone can run into thousands of pounds.
With Marquee Contracting, not only are these risks removed, so is the hassle of running CIS Payroll, HMRC submissions and keeping abreast of ever changing legislation. Engaging with Marquee Contracting leaves you to grow your business without the burden and risk. legislation changes and hefty fines.
Find out the financial risk to your business using our Liability Calculator
We take compliance seriously.
Our team ensure each and every sub-contractor is vetted, their Right to Work is checked and their UTR is verified with HMRC. Frequent internal audits are conducted to ensure our processes, software and legislative knowledge is compliant and up to date.
Awarded to Marquee Contracting are the highly respected ISO 9001:2015 and CHAS accreditations. These demonstrate our ability to consistently provide products and services that meet statutory and regulatory requirements, verify that our processes ensure accurate payments to payees, appropriate deductions are made and accounted for to HMRC and other authorities.
We don’t just ‘say’ we are compliant. We are, and have the accreditations to prove it!
Client benefits include:
- Freedom for our clients to engage long lasting relationships with sub-contractors without risk
- Reduction in your liabilities and administration – we take care of Insurance, Payroll, Remittances, CIS deductions, HMRC returns & employment status. No risk of employment tribunals, employment liabilities or hefty HMRC fines
- Notification of up the date legislation changes – with the ever changing HMRC legislation you can be assured Marquee will keep you up to date. Our Tax and Employment law specialists are here to advise you.
- Peace of mind – knowing that your sub-contractors will be paid accurately, on time, every time.
- Simplicity – one invoice payment to us and we handle the rest.
- Minimum fuss for registering – we fully register every sub-contractor directly and verify them with the HMRC
- Flexibility – as standard we can process advance payments, adjustments and late payment request up to 5pm for the same day payment
- Our online portal helps the sub-contractors retrieve remittances and statements at the touch of a button. No more paper filing needed.
We don’t just say we are compliant, we are compliant:
Our compliance processes and procedures stand up to robust external audits and due diligence requirements, we have critically high standards and at Marquee Contracting we only take advice from the best.
Aspire Business Partnership was founded in 2010, the advice they provide us focusses on avoiding financial and reputational risk for us and your business. In an ever-changing complex legislative environment, it is necessary for all businesses to have approachable, trust worthy and knowledgeable advisors with practical experience that can be relied on.
When engaging with Marquee Contracting you can be assured due diligence is top priority. Interested in working with a market leading contracting company with robust processes? Marquee Contracting is here to help ~ 01992 663 219.