To put this into perspective, just a handful of sub-contractors earning £600 a week for a year could set you back:
- £62 Employers NI per person, £16,120 for the year
- Penalties, fines and Interest in excess of £4,100
- Reclassification of your entire workforce
- You could lose your Gross status and be fined £3,000 per month, £36,000 per year, for each incorrect CIS statement declaration
On top of this, if one of your sub-contractors believes they should be entitled to employment rights and statutory payments, you could find yourself in the middle of a complex employment tribunal. These costs alone can run into thousands of pounds.
We take compliance seriously.
Our team ensure each and every sub-contractor is vetted, their Right to Work is checked and their UTR is verified with the HMRC. Even though we are not required by law to hold on file relevant documentation for Immigration purposes when engaging with the self-employed, we still undertake these checks as best practice and due diligence. Frequent internal audits are conducted to ensure our processes, software and legislative knowledge is compliant and up to date.
Marquee Contracting are ISO 9001:2015 registered. This highly respected accreditation confirms Marquee Contracting demonstrates the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet statutory and regulatory requirements. Proving our processes ensure accurate payments to payees, appropriate deductrions are made and accounted for to HMRC and other authorities.
We don’t just ‘say’ we are compliant. We are, and have the accreditations to prove it!
Client benefits include:
- Freedom for our clients to engage long lasting relationships with sub-contractors without risk
- Reduction in your liabilities and administration – we take care of Insurance, Payroll, Remittances, CIS deductions, HMRC returns & employment status. No risk of employment tribunals, employment liabilities or hefty HMRC fines
- Notification of up the date legislation changes – with the ever changing HMRC legislation you can be assured Marquee will keep you up to date. Our Tax and Employment law specialists are here to advise you.
- Peace of mind – knowing that your sub-contractors will be paid accurately, on time, every time.
- Simplicity – one invoice payment to us and we handle the rest.
- Minimum fuss for registering – we fully register every sub-contractor directly and verify them with the HMRC
- Flexibility – as standard we can process advance payments, adjustments and late payment request up to 5pm for the same day payment
- Our online portal helps the sub-contractors retrieve remittances and statements at the touch of a button. No more paper filing needed.
Backed by the market leading Tax and Law specialists Accountax, here’s what they had to say about us:
“Marquee Contracting Limited is a commercial contracting company which provides construction services to its clients. Marquee undertakes a self-employed assessment process confirming how their sub-contractors operate and utilise a specifically tailored contract for their self-employed subcontractors. We are pleased to confirm that Marquee’s compliance and procedures stand up to our robust audit criteria and critically high standards.”
When engaging with Marquee Contracting you can be assured due diligence is top priority. Interested in working with a market leading contracting company with robust processes? Marquee Contracting is here to help ~ 01992 663 219.